- We’ve been getting our heads around the new legislation coming into effect on January 1 2015 which means that for certain people, account based pensions will no longer have a Centrelink exempt amount and their Centrelink payments may be adversely affected. Grandfathering provisions may apply in certain cases. We are currently identifying any of our clients who will be affected and will be getting in touch shortly. If you know of anyone approaching retirement we’d be happy to speak with them. The new Centrelink rules will affect many Australians and most people will need to consider the impact of these changes.
- Generally speaking we like Instalment Warrants (IW) as a way of investing in the share market. There are several issuers of IW out there whose warrants we are comfortable using. One of them, UBS, has just released some new Instalment Warrants which are priced favourably and contain the flexibility and low cost which we prefer. We have met UBS recently and have reviewed their new offering.
- We finalised the Telstra buy back offer which involved about 120 clients
- We reviewed a new ETF offering by a company called Market Vectors – we are interested in their property ETF – currently under review.
- Spent time reviewing our processes of risk profiling our clients to ensure they continue to be robust.
- We met with several representatives of various financial organisations in October to check out their latest offerings but nothing worthwhile to report on.
To download a copy of the interview I had with “The Australian” about ETF’s please click here:
Brokers Embrace Diversification Tool