In order to provide our services to you, and tell you about any other services we offer, we will collect information from you. You are generally entitled to access information we hold about you although, in some rare cases, the law prohibits this.
We may disclose your information to:
• product issuers such as insurers, superannuation funds and investment fund managers
• organisations who assist us to meet our legal obligations and run our business, such as lawyers, compliance advisers, accountants and auditors
• organisations which provide us with back-office services, such as paraplanning services
• your other advisers, such as stockbrokers or taxation advisers
• government organisations, where required by law.
A number of laws require us to collect personal information from you. These include laws dealing with:
• obligations for Australian financial services licensees
• prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing.
If you do not provide the information we request from you, we may be unable to provide the services to you, or the services we provide to you (such as personal advice) may not be appropriate to your needs.